Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Weekend at home.

This past weekend I went home. To celebrate mi viente-tres cumpleaños. That never really got celebrated.
I don't say this to complain or because I'm super unhappy about it. I just say it to have it said and show that my weekend wasn't exactly how I portray it to people to be.

I was upset by the fact that mi madre decided going out on a date would be more fun and more called for.
And she didn't even get me a card. And no cumpleaños cake. WHAT!???!?
I think I expected this but it still made me angry.
Things change, you know? So do priorities.
But, I am no longer angry or upset by this.
I decided that life doesn't need to be focused on me.
Even on the day of my birth, because it's not like that.
I'm don't need attention to make me happy when I know that I am loved by so many people.
And more than that I am loved by God.


The day of my birth was also my cousin's baby shower.
These things usually take up a lot of time and energy, you know.
I spent the whole day with her, and that side of the family.
It was a great way to spend a .
Seriously, spending time with family that I love - what is better than that?

During the weekend I was home, I saw sooo many people :)
From all different walks of life - SAU jobs, Bangor, South Haven, Camp, etc.
There were so many people I still wanted to see but wasn't able to fit them all in... makes me a little sad, though!

From going into Swanstra's and seeing Tina & [blanking on the other lady's name], eating dinner with my mom jueves night,

I took mom to work viernes morning because we left her car in the shop overnight. I also went to SAU Friday afternoon, ate lunch with Eileen & Abby :), visited my old bosses from SAU - Teeney, Marlin, & Grace Ann, was blessed by Teeney since she took car of the ticket I got because I parked in the circle drive, drove home in the snow & white out conditions, went to Aunt Mary's to help prep some food for the baby shower and then with Ana to walmart to buy Jenilee's baby shower gift, then went home and watched The Hangover.

Sabado, as I stated above, consisted of my cousin's baby shower. We went there mid morning [I got to sleep in!!!] and helped decorate and get food stuffs ready. After the baby shower, we went over to my aunt's house and hung out there for a while. We then went to Asylum Inn and hung out there, played games, ordered pizza's, and played apples to apples :) It was a very fun time. Ana and I didn't head home until around midnight. It was a full day of being busy and entertained.

Domingo I slept in. Didn't go to church anywhere and just relaxed. I then met up with some friends of mine from camp to hang out. I went there, we went out to eat at Red Robin, and then went back to their house to play rock band and the Wii. it was a very fun time. Once again I didn't leave until about midnight. Then I went home, packed my belongings, then went over to Dominique's house to visit with her as I haven't see her since graduation. Where I proceeded to stay up until 3/3:30 trying to pack my clothes and make everything fit - I definitely came back with more things than I took... Yup.

So, that was my trip. Wasn't exactly how I pictured bringing in my 23rd year of life, but it is what it is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment